The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2013, 12:10 AM   #1
damianbryand

A little help on where to begin...

Hello all. I'm new to the forum and purchased my first ever fixer upper. 1968 chevy. I am yellow at this so any and all advice would great! I was curious about a couple of things. The truck has 6 lug drum brakes and I want to install some 2/4 lowering coils. I found some wheels and tires for very cheap ($365) and they are 285/15s 10 inch rims. Would I have any problems with turning or clearance? I do plan on going with drop spindles eventually. I also see people doing disk brake conversions as well. What's the reasoning behind that and how difficult is it? I need to find a windshield and have the rear glass installed as well. I have all of the lenses and front bumper. I bought a 350 sbc and it will be married to a 400 turbo tranny. I paid $2300 for the truck, tranny, and motor install as well. All by the guy I bought the truck from. He also put in all new gaskets and oil pump. I bought a edlebrock aluminum intake and Taylor plug wires along with an hei distributor as well from eBay. This guy has been pretty darn honest and has given me some pretty good tips. Any resources will help. My first thing I really need are the door weather seals along with window seals. I'm excited to be a new member and you guys are all inspiring! Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

damianbryand is offline   Reply With Quote