The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
Project77

drivers side window issues

okay fellas heres what i got my drivers side window has always had this problem with stripping out the old plastic door handles that came with it from the factory so i bought a pair of vice grips and used them ever since

i could make a full 3/4 rotation then it would get really stiff and not want to roll up for **** unless i jiggled it a little bit. but lately its been so hard and ive been so impatient i stripped out my shaft where the handle slides onto.

also the window wont sit like its supposed to it seems to want to slide back on the track like it has no back brace but you can take the window and slide it forward and back but you cant do that with the passenger window(it works properly and has no issues)

i have another truck that i use for parts and it has the same setup and works properly and i want to know if anyone has step by step instructions on swaping the whole window unit set up i have pics of my issues...

Name:  IMG_3211.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  104.9 KB

Name:  IMG_3212.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  66.6 KB

Name:  IMG_3213.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  67.6 KB
Project77 is offline   Reply With Quote