The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
HeloCrewChief

1971/72 Custom Camper Junk Yard find.

Long story short; flew out to Southern California from Alaska to take the LAFD test this past weekend. I get to my Dad's home on Sunday afternoon from L.A. and start relaxing having a beer with him in the garage. At this point an Ecology Auto Salvage tow truck goes by with a 69-72 Truck on the hook. I almost spit my beer out trying to chase him down. He turned right down the main road toward the yard. The next morning I got out there right after the opened and it was already being picked over. The guy right before me snatched a new Edelbrock intake/Carb. that was on it. I managed to get the ash tray, cigarette lighter, glove box door, radiator/shroud, sun visors, hood hinges and a horn cap. If I had more time I would have taken the engine/trans since they looked new. The complete A/C system and back glass would have been mine as well. Unfortunately had to leave it so, I could head for the Airport and come back to Alaska. There's several new parts as it looked like someone was almost done with this project before it was sent here for a measly $800 or whatever they get now. Here are some pictures and if your interested in parts its at the Ecology in Santa Fe Springs. Totally rust free and the doors, bumper, grille, and fenders are in the bed. It will probably be crushed in 2 weeks.
Attached Images

1968 Chevelle
1964 Comet Caliente
1990 W250 Cummins

Last edited by HeloCrewChief; 03-06-2013 at 11:52 AM.
HeloCrewChief is offline   Reply With Quote