The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #1
72restorationvirgin

No Electrical Power ??!!??!!??

Ok I'll try to make this as short as I can. I looked up several other threads but I'm no electrical person and know minimal. I've been working on my 72 C20 replacing the dash pad, and doing some stuff with my instrument bezel.

Everything was good and I had power after I put everything back together. My lights were on and I went to start it and everything dimmed down and blacked out. I went to check the battery terminals and tighted them up good. Started right up and had all lights.

A few weeks later I did the same thing. I had my head lights, dome light, ect. I went to start it and it lost all power again. I checked the terminals again and everying was good. I cleaned all the terminals. I cut the positive wire and remounted it to the clamp so everything was clean. Still nothing. I checked the power to the starter and that was good.

I checked the ohms and continuity between both the negative cable to the engine block and the positve cable to the starter. Everything still good!. I checked the small fuse link between the postive cable and cleaned the connection to the passenger side fenderwell. Still nothing!!!!

Today I went and bought a new battery. They tested it but couldn't get a connection on the negative terminal so they said I might have something internally broken. Cool... So I put it in still nothing!!!!!!!!! I checked the wiring to the fuse box, ignition and everything is good. I checked the voltage regulator, unplugged stuff cleaned everything up. I"m at a lost for words. What am I missing?????