The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2013, 11:25 PM   #1
Keepitcoastal

OH Boy I could use a hand on my 68 longbed with350/350

Ok everybody I am reaching out for some guidance from those with experience on my truck. All my experience is working in an independent Honda/acura shop for 2 years so I'm having some hardships along the way with this old chevy.

Ok so here's the deal with the truck she's 68 like I said

It's got 80's c10/k10 breaks
350/350 with (performer cams,600carb,and intake mani)
Also has power steering
And serpentine setup from 94 blazer

Bought the truck 2 months ago have already had to replace the alternator, power steering pump and res. almost all pulleys and harmonic balancer. Did a clave adjustment and installed new intake mani and valve cover gaskets. Check fluid regularly.

I just got hit with a ton of problems at once...
So my starter is going bad which is sadly the least of my worries right now

Tranny cooler return hose stripped out the radiator now ill need to use a helicoil for temp fix but im ordering an eBay radiator with 2 electric fans.

Now the 3 week old rebuild (by napa) power steering pump and resovoir just started making a terrible clicking noise and there is a consists on and off feeling of power steering when turning the wheel accompanied by nasty noises

I can see whitish blue smoke thick on startup it's defiantly burning oil too i don't know how the previous owner got this **** past me....

I'm feeling like I should just try and buy another 350 (vortec would be nice) and if I can a 700r4 but financially I don't see that happening for a few months . So I'm really hoping some people on this forum can help me keep this peice of **** running till I can afford a new engine and tranny.

I hope this doesn't come off as too jumbled or illiterate I'm typing from a phone at the moment. Here's some pictures of the truck here in San Luis obispo

Posted via Mobile Device
Keepitcoastal is offline   Reply With Quote