The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2013, 03:33 PM   #1
Bill Beasley

Finally a post...

Greetings fellow 67-72 Bowtie pickup enthusiast's.....

After 10 months of reading and searching this fantastic web site I reckon its time to post some pictures of the old girl. But first I want to thank the Admin of this web site for their hard work keeping it up and running. I know for me it has become my go to resource for info on these trucks, again THANKS!

My truck is a 72' LWB super in black nearly all original. I purchased it from the second owner who had owned it since 1980. It had spent its entire life on farms in North Carolina as a work truck. When I took ownership it had been sitting in a metal building for about 8 years. Needless to say that had taken its toll.....
First I gutted the interior and cleaned 40 years worth of red carolina dirt and nicotine off of everything. New duct work and carpet, floor boards and sills perfect. Sent the carb to FLA for a reman, replaced all belts, hoses, gaskets and installed a Taylor dist. Replaced all external seals in the tranny, new u-joints and support bearing. New 2.5"exahust with flowmasters as well as new BFG tires. New master cylinder, booster, pads and shoes with rebuilt wheel cylinders. Then 3 solid days of buffing and polishing the old enamel paint with Zaino. Only two things are not original to the truck, the step bumper was replaced with a sport bumper, an orginal GM part - not a repo and the wheel covers were swapped for the correct rally's.
Next on the list is suspension work, 3-5 drop and some serious sway bar upgrades as she handles like a boat...
Attached Images