The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #11
ETsC10
Hand Crafted C-10

Re: finally a paint job! 1967 K-20 CST

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertip67 View Post
after a few years of trying to get it together I finally painted my truck...I settled on a single stage urethane w/ hardener...original color...nice paint...Nason by DuPont ...

used my 30 gallon compressor and a water filter...45 pounds pressure...solid two coats with thgree on the hood, roof and doors...hit the inside bed too a little...still have a 1/4 gallon left over...I painted the roof green...( it was white and the body green) if I dont like it I will re spray it white???

this morning I did the jambs, hood sides and hit a spot or two I missed under one quarter...all with a small foam roller...worked like a charm...minimal tape necessary...

May is good weather...no bugs(well a few) nice temps and no humidity yet...this is something I did 40 years ago ...and decided to do it again for oldd time sake...also saved a bundle...275 dollars in paint, hardner and some reducer and tape...

it was fun...started at 8 in themorning after wet sanding w/ 400 the night before...only a few runs, nothing a little 600 and some wax wont fix...I do need to get the letter decals for the tailgate...also I lost one of the cab light bezels on the first test ride...I must have un hooked it when I pulled the tape of...that will probbably be harder to fix than anything else...

...and I think its running a bit better too...LOL...

1967 K-20 CST 4 wd 327 ci 4 speed...

all the best...ted

three rools of tape later...boy is tape $$ now...

the letters cleaned up nice...

almost ready...

Wow! Thanks for the inspiration! Looks great!
ETsC10 is offline   Reply With Quote