The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2014, 09:57 AM   #11
murphy98

Re: Post Your 60-63 Body Style Chevy/GMC Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeb01 View Post
Welcome to the forum. Beautiful truck! I must admit those emblems made me do a double take and read the entire text to see if they were authentic! Nice job.
Thanks very much for the welcome & comment. I am finding those who have seen the truck in person (those who know the US trucks well) are asking where did I find those hood badges! I honestly have never seen anyone else do that, I'm rather proud of them. I have always loved the US truck V6 badges and since I wanted to keep my original 283 I decided to try and modify the V6 badges. Rather easy actually, I just took a die grinder to grind down the 6, took a small amount of filler to smooth out the oval section then found some 283 emblems off a '57 Chevy car which seem to fit the oval area just right! Painted them up and fitted them to the hood in the same spot the V6 badges would have gone. I also used '55-'57 GMC truck cowl extension emblems for my truck since trying to find original Canadian "GMC 910" cowl emblems in good condition is almost impossible. I like the way the emblems match the tailgate logo anyway so I think they fit in well. One other modification I am quite proud of is using '58-'59 GM truck parking lamps & bezels in place of my original clear GMC parking lamp lenses. Until recently the '60-'61 GMC hood lenses were not being reproduced and trying to find originals that are not cracked is not easy around here anyway. So I thought I'd try the '58-'59 truck parking lamps. Again rather easy modification, did not even have to cut the hood mesh work to make them fit. Just had to make up some brackets to hold the parking lamps in place. I also prefer the amber colour lenses rather than the clear so that was a great fit as well. Bed sides are also skinned with 1/8" steel diamond plate to give the truck that commercial look I was going for, fits in well with the wrap around rear diamond plate bumper too.
Thanks.
murphy98 is offline   Reply With Quote