The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2014, 03:49 AM   #1
Van1lla Gorill4

Post New guy here with our old GMC.

Like the title says, I am new here. Over this winter I have recently acquired the old GMC that we grew up with on the farm. I am new into the GMC/Chevy world. So I will be here frequently once I get the truck to my house when the snow thaws. From what I understand they call these things about 15 different names.

it is a 1971 GMC C20 Sierra Grande Custom Camper Longhorn. From what I understand, it it all original. Will be getting in touch with the PO later this week. I know there are no production numbers, but finding one like mine has been next to impossible. I understand everyone wants their truck to be "one of a kind", but I think I just may have something here. There are small things that I haven't seen on other trucks. Like the wood thing the CB is hanging on, or the cab lights, maybe I am just filling myself full of ****? I will post the SPID, and the VIN, as well as a few pictures from last summer. I will be taking a trip out to her to check on it in a few days and get more pictures. I have SO many questions, but for now I think I will keep this short.

Currently it is parked where it has been for the last 9 years or so. I have never brought a vehicle back to life before, so as many pointers and tips as you guys can give, would be awesome. I am very mechanically inclined, with jeeps that is. I know my way around a vehicle so to speak. If someone could provide a good thread to go off of, or a list, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have misplaced the keys for now, and am searching for a way to get it moving asap. I am assuming that you can unplug the ignition from underneath the dash and install a new one? I just want to be able to unlock the steering wheel and get her into neutral. I have heard about taking the door lock off of the passenger side and getting that code to have a new key cut. I guess I am just asking for the easiest way to get it moving. And if anyone could recommend what type of tools I should bring with. It is located about 60 miles from me right now in a field, So I would hate to get there with the wrong tool.

That is all for now, thanks guys, and I look forward to hearing back from you!

Van1lla Gorill4 is offline   Reply With Quote