The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2014, 02:21 PM   #1
Mattys1970C-10

first post, just got a 1970 C-10

hello everyone, im new to the forum and waned to introduce myself. my name is matt and im from california. ive had lots of 5.0 mustangs and a kenne belle 04 GT at one time, but i finally got my first old school, and first chevy ever. its a 350 with stock heads, long tube headers and 2 1/4 duals to flowmasters dumped at the axle. it has an edelbrock 650 carb, edelbrock performer intake and carb spacer, and an rv cam, which i dont know anything about except that it is a lopey SOB and pulls like a tractor. th400 3 speed auto built and barks 2nd gear which is pretty fun. stock rear end with what im guessing is 3.08's. body is straight, primer grey with all the chrome dressings still in tact and lookin good. its lowered a bit but not sure how much.

with a setup like this, it seems like this thing is just screaming for a set of heads. i am no expert and have never built a 350, couple 5.0's and alot of honda drag quads starting at 450cc, but it seems like this thing has nice bog exhaust, and big carb and intake, and im betting a set of good heads will really wake it up. any suggestions on heads? i was thinking edelbrock to match the carb and intake, some e-tec 175's or something close. any help would be rad. lookin for all around power, its not a drag truck and i drive it on the street all the time. i think its over carb'ed as it sits so heads might do the trick for that to. thanks guys, cool forum
Mattys1970C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote