The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2014, 11:57 AM   #1
Bjj_junkie

Good ol general advice ^_^

hello everyone! my first of probably many threads. i just bought a 72 stepside with a straight 6 250 and a 3 speed in it (I'm in the process of learning about the mechanics of cars so excuse my inexperience). the plan is to get this truck to restore with a few friends that know cars as fun project over the summer. unfortunately, we had a small family emergency that cost me most of the money i had aside for the project which left the original plan of getting a crate 350 far from happening. now this is the reason for the thread, my question is, should i find me an old 350 to restore or should i just work with the straight 6? the one thing i know i want for sure is to make the truck automatic. it would be a daily driver, not looking to race or anything and i would like it to sound good lol. at first i completely threw out the thought of keeping the 250 but after talking to a friend, its something I'm willing to look into now. id just like to hear some opinions from people that already have and work on these trucks. I'm not sure how or if its even possible to put a th350 on a 250. ill end it here before i scare most of you off with a huge paragraph lol. thanks for you time
Bjj_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote