The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2014, 07:36 PM   #1
Skunksmash

Air noise from vent window seals?

I put those Precision brand windows seals on my truck a while back. Think we had another thread talking about them at some point. But what I'm focusing on today, is the fact that there is a ton of wind noise I need to get rid of.

You can hear it at about 35mph, but at 65mph its unbearable. Now I did seal it up pretty good with black silicon, and that took the noise level down a good bit. Bit its still too loud for my taste. You know how old vehicles can be. But I think it can be solved because it seems to only be coming from the top area of those vent windows. But it is both of them.

Are there any tips or tricks that anyone might suggest, to get rid of wind noise? I guess I could go back at it with the silicon, but I was hoping there was more I could do. Any suggestions? Oh and I siliconed those vent windows shut, by the way. I never use those anyway.
Skunksmash is offline   Reply With Quote