The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2014, 07:12 PM   #1
AirSpeed

New engine, not so wonderful!

Got my new 35o from summit Tuesday, loaded in the back of my truck to unloade it in my basement where I was going to install it, my house is cut into a hill so it was and incredible challenge to get it in but I did it, pulled the old engine, uncreated the new engine and notices the valve cove was tweaked, the crate was perfect but the valve cover looked like a banana. Decided to pull the valve cover to check the rockers and found a broken exhaust valve. Called Summit, they're sending me a new engine next week but now I have no way to get the engine in front of my truck, you'd have to see the situation to appreciate it! There simply isn't a way of getting my truck out with out and engine in it. Before I noticed the broken valve I pulled the heads on the old engine to see if the block was cracked, it looks like it is, I have to reassemble my old engine, put it back in my truck, and get it out of my basement so I can pull the new bad engine out and load it in my truck so I can take it to exchange for a new engine then precariously get my truck back in my basement so I can do it all over again! You can't imagine the long string of absolute FOUL language that came out of my face when I realized all this! I am EXTRAORDINARILY LIVID! The crate was perfect, who ever slammed the valve cover hard enough to break a valve had to know they caused some damage but they crated it up anyway and let it get shipped!
AirSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote