The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2015, 12:22 AM   #11
El Dorado Jim

Re: I'm Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motherfrog402 View Post
Interesting twist to my wheel question...turns out that the PO swapped out the 16.5 wheels for 16"......split rims. I'll be hitting the local junk yards for a set of original 16.5's

On another note, I scraped off some of the crud from the engine, to find the date code and was successful. The problem is that I'm more versed in the SBC and BBC, and AMC I6 engine decoding.

Does anyone know what this code translates to? I'm pretty sure the "F" is for Flint; 03I3=? No clue what the "P" means. Also, I'm used to seeing a three-letter suffix; my '72 Suburban 402 code was T0108TLM.

Here's the pic of the date code.
just thought I would mention that 16.5 tires are getting harder to find,most tire shops don't carry them,I have switched some of mine to 16" they look the same and you can easily find tires,I know they aren,t original,but who cares. ..I still run 16.5 aluminum wheels on a couple of my trucks ,but have to buy expensive BF Goodrich all-terrain tires for them in a 33-12.50 16.5,other companies make them but only in 35's or bigger for the rock crawlers......
El Dorado Jim is offline   Reply With Quote