The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2015, 02:00 PM   #1
daily_danger

Summer is here, and so is vapor lock. How'd you plumb your fuel?

If you're still shoveling snow, and all like "Summer my arse!" I'm in south Florida.

I picked the hottest day so far, 90ish, to run errands in the truck. Sitting in traffic when good and hot, the engine would idle vvvvery low, and I could hear my fuel pump ticking like crazy. Now I haven't ruled out ignition issues, but my fuel hoses and cheapo regulator need go anyways.

My question:

How have you plumbed up your small block? Especially if you're hot climate like me. Where did you mount a regulator?

Pictures much appreciated!

Current setup:

Edlebrock 1806 650 cfm
Wood spacer
Slight cam
Headers, very hot!
Mr Gasket f/p regulator
Stock looking mechanical pump
Napa ticky ticky style fuel pump (seriously don't know what that style would be called)
Behind the cab tank, no evap vent.
leaking gas cap on turns.

I'm considering running a/n hoses, return style regulator, back to a modified stock sending unit, haven't settled on a pump. My a/c will one day make a return so mounting the reg there isn't and option. The a/c will also increase my under hood temps. I'd like to avoid and electric pump since I'll probably only run a 63 amp when I replace the harness.

I haven't ruled out going back to stock manifolds. Everything header back needs to be replaced. And I don't know how I'd run a stock compressor with headers, haven't looked that far ahead.

Truck is a daily (hence the name) so down days for R & D will suck.

Cheers!
daily_danger is offline   Reply With Quote