The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2015, 11:31 PM   #1
harrydunn

UHaul Auto Trailer Transport - LWB Fits Fine

I looked around quite a bit online and only found a couple of pics of C10s on a UHaul auto transport trailer so I figured I would post a more thorough report for those needing to haul their LWB truck in the future.

My GMC C25 fit just fine and the trailer towed very well to a car show last weekend. I drive trucks for UHaul part-time in the winter to stay busy. Don't believe what most folks say--UHaul does an impeccable job of maintenance from my experience in the repair shop in between my runs. Most stories you hear are of renters abusing the equipment. Their auto trailers are especially stout.

My wheelbase is 127" and the trailer deck is 133". You will want the 7K (2,100-lb empty trailer weight) or 7.5K trailer but their system will automatically select that for you based on wheelbase and truck weight.

The only problem I had was using the tire web straps up front. I knew they would not fit and had already bought my own straps to tie into those on the trailer. My tires are 235/85-16 for reference. Not a huge deal if you own some auto straps. You can see in my third picture a close-up of their tire webbing and how I tied into it. I attached the built-in front and rear safety chains and also used two axle traps out back. Towed very well. I would not hesitate to pull one across country.

Any ways, just thought I would share my experience to make things easier for somebody looking for this answer down the road.

Take care,

Mark
Columbia, MO

2004 Corvette Z06 / 2000 Covette Coupe
2006 Ducati Multistrada
2014 BMW X3 XDrive35i M Sport
harrydunn is offline   Reply With Quote