The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2015, 07:29 PM   #1
LuvNLife

Headers & A Drop

Folks - need some advice.

I ordered Hedman shorty headers, part number 69016, since my truck is dropped, and these seemed to be the best bet for not dragging a flange on the ground. I went by the shop putting my new engine in today; the engine and trans are both bolted in, all new motor mounts, etc. The tech was having a hard time routing my starter wires so they wouldn't get melted, and wanted my input before he made some changes.

Long and short (no pun intended) on the headers is, the fitment is lousy. On the drivers' side, i'd have to change to shortly plugs, and even then the wires will be darned close. On the passenger side, I'd have to do shorty plugs as well, and the collector tube lays right against the transmission "ear", and the flange for mounting the collector is pinned in; I have no idea if you could even run all 3 bolts up into it. To say the least, with what I paid for these, I'm ticked.

Last square I did, I used Hooker Super Comps, and they fit incredibly well - no issues with plugs or interference anywhere, but they were full length. So, as you can see in the picture below, that's how much my truck is dropped. For those of you that have been there, done that, do you think this drop would be OK to run full lengths with? Thought and opinions are more than welcome...

Jerry

LuvNLife is offline   Reply With Quote