The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2015, 11:38 AM   #1
slammed427

MMMDROP, the great white BuffaLOW

I picked up my 84 dually last year for $1300. It supposedly had 10k on a rebuilt 454, 8k on a rebuilt th400. It was a concrete truck before the owner retired. The truck sat for a few years when his grandson talked him into selling it. I didn't even haggle, it was a running, driving crew cab dually. A truck I've wanted since my 92 extended cab dually got stolen back in 07. I did nothing to it for the first few months except put gas in it and drive it. Then it got a bunch of work.

The fuel feed hose split leaving work one night. I originally thought the pump gave up. Had the truck towed home. I replumbed the fuel system from the tank to the carb, did plugs, wires, cap and rotor. Then the ignition rack in the column broke. I changed the column and got it running again. The drivers fender and hood got swapped out with some parts i found on craigslist. I put a new windshield in it, and six new tires, after the best tire on the truck threw the tread and wiped out the passenger side dually fender. I swapped out the stock steering wheel for a 4 spoke out of an 88. I had a Chevrolet horn button, that worked until I found a gmc button on ebay.

I swapped in a set of bucket seats from a 96 regal after the bench seat mount broke in June. They are power adjustable and super comfy.

I picked up a 5/7 drop from Switch Suspension in June. I was going to wait until the AZ summer had passed until I did the drop, but true to my madness, I started the drop in July. Now it's late October and the truck is back on the road. A bunch of issues came up while dropping the truck, most of which have been sorted out. I still need to trim the fenders, and get some shock extenders for the rear. The total drop came out to be 6/8.

I'm crunching a bit to try and have it ready for Dino's Git down next month. I need to get the front swapped out for a 90 Burb front, get the shark bit passenger dually fender painted and put on, get a stereo in it, and wire up the seats. The truck will be there, but I will not. I promised my old lady a trip up north that weekend

Now for the pics.

Instagram: mmmdropp
slammed427 is offline   Reply With Quote