The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2004, 02:40 PM   #1
70cst

Cool Beefcake's Good Idea....What's Your Best Truck Won't Start Story?

I bought my 70cst about four years ago in Celina Tn which is about a 6-7 hour drive from my home. I found her through the Tradin Times. I had been looking for a mid fifties chevy truck but I had educated myself on the 67-72 trucks also. The ad read...For Sale: 1970cst chevy, 402bb,auto,buckets,ac,tach,etc...that ad got my attention so I went out to check her out. Needless to say I knew this was the truck...so I put down a deposit and went back down about three weeks later to pick her up. My son drove his S10 down and he was going to follow me home. I picked up the "Circuit Rider" and started to drive home with my son following me. I stopped to get my first tank of gas and would you believe it...she would not start. Can we say "Bad starter?" I had to leave the truck with a guy who lived across the road from the Stop-N-Go...He said he could fix her up if I left the truck with him for a few days. Soooooo...Two weeks later I drove back down with my son to pick up the truck...a six hour plus drive. Then on the way home the alternator started to go out. I was able to get home but it really bites when your son says.."Dad...Why didn't you get a real truck like his S10?" Needless to say my Son no longer has his S10 but I still have my 70cst and my son says this ole truck rocks!! (I wonder if the 402BB has anything to do with his conversion?) That makes sense since Chevy Trucks are built like a rock?
The Circuit Rider lives!!!

:p
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote