The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2016, 01:35 PM   #1
Brandons63

Help with a static drop please

Guys I know there are about 5,000 write ups on this already. I got dizzy sitting here reading them. I need a couple of questions answered. To start I'm working with a 63 C10.
My first question is in the rear. I did 5" CPP lowering springs and the shorter shocks that came with the kit. I'm sitting maybe 2" from the bump stops back there. Does anyone cut them down or remove them? The next question is with the panhard bar. I've read conflicting data on whether it has to be altered or replaced. Does it?

On the front.. When I pulled the factory springs, each one had a broken half coil laying in the bottom. I cut another full coil out of each one with intentions of replacing them. Just wanted to see. I have 2.5" drop spindles on the way. I want to know what the shortest spring I can install without many issues. And do you guys remove the stops? Right now with the coil and a half missing, it's sitting lightly on the stops.

Basically I need to know what do I do about panhard if anything, and what's the lowest spring in the front I need to buy with the drop spindles. Thanks guys
Brandons63 is offline   Reply With Quote