The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2004, 09:12 AM   #1
mxman

ECE = bunch of clowns

I called the gomer at early classic on friday march 12/04
and yes, they are clowns, the tech guy kept putting me on hold and i told him im calling from canada so its costing me an arm and a leg, second off i was asking him about their 4/6 drop
and i would like to say WTF man, the guy said i woudlnt need a c notch for their kit beacuse they use load rated truck springs not passenger car springs, like their competitors, ok a good company doesnt bash others, second off, he went on to say that all the cnotches are stupid and are just 3" notches with a big chunk of rubber and all that the axle tubes are going to do is bang up and down on the rubber in the cnotch...........WTF? dude if you look at the god damned rearend its 4" away from the friggin frame.....
dont tell me i dont need a cnotch .....
this is just my 2 bits, im not very impressed with the suspension companies thus far, i even asked him what the spring rate was since they are "truck rated springs" he didnt even know....

ONE good thing, the 6 bolt ECE front rotors are machined especially for 73-87 front spindle sizes (aka you can use the special 6 bolt rotor then swich over to 5 bolt if you like)

im sure the ece kit is kosher i just dont like morons telling me extremely obvious stuff is stupid when he should know better
mxman is offline   Reply With Quote