The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2016, 06:09 PM   #1
dromano

Prime and Block Time & Price

I have searched the forum but have not found much information to help me out.

I am about to have my truck painted, I had some minor rust and dents that were recently repaired and my painter is suggesting I just seal the rest of the truck as opposed to priming and blocking the entire thing before paint.

The rest of the body is in good/decent shape. No rust or major dents but for sure some small waves and tiny dings/dents. It's a 10-5 foot paint job.

Given the major body work is done (rust/dents) and the truck is in pretty good shape, about how long would y'all think it would take to prime and block my truck?

My painter charges per hour so I just want to gauge whether or not it will be worth the investment.

I am by no means looking for a show quality paint job as I want this truck to be a daily driver and do not want to be too paranoid to drive it but I also want to make it look as good as possible without completely breaking the bank.

If you could please give me an idea/rough estimate of how long it might take to prime and block a truck with a 10-5 foot paint job I would greatly appreciate it!
dromano is offline   Reply With Quote