The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2016, 10:47 AM   #1
LSXTravis

New to me 1965 C10 Custom Cab

Hey guys and gals,

It has been a while since I posted in this forum about my truck. I had a 1964 C10 SWB BBW that needed total restoration. However, I never was able to get a title for that truck so I ended up selling it. I also moved overseas for 3 years but now I am back at home in Texas where I belong.

Ok, so here is the deal. I bought a 1965 C10 custom cab long fleetside bed with small back glass that has been painted baby blue and white and is absolutely gorgeous. The restoration is a 15 year old restoration but it looks great for being done that long ago. Has less than 2000 miles on the odometer since the truck was restored.

1. Matching numbers 283 with powerglide transmission.

2. Ordered with factory air conditioning. Kind of rare and really neat and cool.

3. Deluxe steering wheel. I think these steering wheels came in the earlier Impalas and Novas. Nonetheless I have seen them in many C10 trucks before.

Like I said this truck has an older restoration but it a very handsome C10. Now I would like your comments and opinions about what I want to do with this truck to make it "mine" and bring it into the 21st century.

1. I have secured a BBW interior panel from one of the forum members here. I am planning on having a the small back window swapped out for the BBW.

2. I am also going to have the same shop take the long fleetside bed and frame and cut down to the SWB and short fleetside bed. I know this will upset some of you but it is my truck and I can do with it as I please.

3. Gas tank is still in the cab. I will have same shop move to under the bed.

4. I am going to go with 5 lug disc up front and 5 lug drums in the back. Also going to get the truck upgraded for power steering.

5. Serpentine accessory drive for the SBC. I am hoping this will be compliant with the original A/C and original Power Steering. If not I guess changing to modern A/C compressor, condenser and dryer along with new P/S pump won't be that big of a deal.

6. Go with fuel injection so that the truck will always start in all kinds of weather.

7. Eventually swap the powerglide to a 200-4r or 700-r4.

8. Get rid of chains on the tailgate and go with a Mar K system. Expensive but practical and user friendly.

9. Sand down the original wood in the bed and seal it.

I know it will upset some that I am going to have the long bed cut down into a short bed and having the BBW interior panel installed so that I can have a SWB Fleetside BBW C10 with factory air conditioning, but I own the truck and I will make the truck into what I want. Enjoy the pictures.Name:  IMG_0365.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  47.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0366.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  46.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0367.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  48.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0368.JPG
Views: 456
Size:  99.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0369.JPG