The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2016, 06:56 AM   #1
Farm Shpp

Need Rochester 2jet help.

I bought my 70' c10 about a year ago and ever since I've had it the truck floods when I shut it off.

The truck has the original 307 with a Napa reman Rochester 2gv. It's a California emissions truck but most of that has been bypassed or removed.

When I look down into the carb after I shut the truck off it takes about 5 seconds and then gas starts to drip from the nozzles inside the venturi. It doesn't drip alot, but just enough to flood the crap out of my little 307. Every time I hot start it i have to hold my foot to the floor and crank it for 5-10 seconds before it will clear out and fire.

I've tried everything I can think of and the problem still persists. Here is a list of what I've tried.

-rebuilt the carb with a kit from Mike's carb parts. This included a new float and needle and seat.

-installed a new fuel pump to make sure it was the correct low pressure pump for a 307

-pulled apart the carb to double check my float height again.

-adjusted accelerator pump and divorced choke settings to factory spec.

-installed an aluminum heat shield and fiber insulator block to make sure it wasn't heat soaking.

I'm really out of ideas and any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!
Farm Shpp is offline   Reply With Quote