The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2017, 04:03 PM   #1
454Dave

Suggested Freight Carriers for Shipping Rear End Assy

Hi All,

Been absent from the forum for a while, I've been working too many hours which has resulted in not too much "me and my truck" time. I think it's called "life" and having the right (?) priorities!

Anyhow, I'm needing to ship the rear end for a "refreshening", from San Diego to Denver (about 1100 miles). I've just about got it attached to a standard 48"x40" non-enclosed pallet. The total shipping weight is 280 lbs. From the research I've done, it looks like it should ship as Class 70 and NMFC Code 19180 for "rear end assembly - used auto parts".

The shipping quotes have been all over the place with the least expensive at $440 (which still seems to me to be too much for residential/lift gate pick-up) and the most expensive at over $1300. Have shipping costs really gone up that much . . . wow!

Does anyone have any suggestions for good and reliable shippers, from the southwest? Thanks very much in advance for all replies.

454Dave

Last edited by 454Dave; 04-29-2017 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Removed all asterisks that somehow got added.
454Dave is offline   Reply With Quote