The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2004, 01:55 PM   #1
68 Suburban

Unbelievable Request from a Board Member.

I will not mention his name, unless he wants to make himself known. Here is the deal. Last September I listed some Vortec heads I had available. This board member contacted me telling me that he want the heads and did not have the money, but would send me $100 every week. I held the heads. 3 months later in December I still had not recieved any money. After numerous contacts, I told him that he needed to start making payments on the heads. After a couple of weeks I got $100 by paypal and the promise of more payments. Six months later I have not recieved anything else.

Now In May, I get this request PM'd to me:

Quote:
Chris,
Obviously its been quit some time with reguards to me buying the vortec heads. Things have been really rough around here. I don't know when if ever I will be able to buy them. So I'm going to have to pass on buying them. I want to get my deposit back of $100.00 that I sent to you. I paid it thru Paypal, but I don't have paypal anymore so I would like it in a M/O. Thank-you. XXX

This was my response:

You have to be joking. It has been 9 months. You did not honor ANY part of our agreement. Deposit forfeited.

Christopher
Am I wrong here?

I will also note that there has been some post on the board about this same member not delivering what he has promised. If I ever were going to consider returning the $100 (which was not a deposit, but the initial payment in an agreement and I have no intention of returning it), I would make sure all board members would get their money back first.

Last edited by 68 Suburban; 05-14-2004 at 02:04 PM.
68 Suburban is offline   Reply With Quote