The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2024, 01:22 PM   #13
1project2many

Re: Radio project

Quote:
I have the same antenna stuck vertically on inside / side of rear window, with an extension cable but no amp. It works well for FM but zero AM. My amazon no name head unit is supposed to have AM, at this point I am not sure if it is the antenna or if the AM band on the head unit is just for marketing purposes. I'd be curious if you get AM through that antenna.
I will check and let you know.

Quote:
Leave yourself a permanent pull string,
Yes! I will definitely leave one in there. The real trick is remembering to pull the next pull string through before you pull the current one all the way out!

Quote:
Hey 1project2many I really like this thread.
Thanks!

Quote:
Anxiously awaiting to see if you have to drill the holes for speaker magnet clearance. I am wanting to do a similar thing but don't want to cut the cab if I don't have to.
The speakers haven't come in yet but by the numbers I'm going to have to do something to add clearance.

Quote:
It looks like you used some welting/edging on the speaker box where it meets the cab. What did you use? Looks very good.
Thanks! It's generic black vinyl door edge molding. I left it in the sun to soften up. One strip is enough.
1project2many is offline   Reply With Quote