The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Today, 08:43 AM   #39
hewittca

Re: Sullii the 72 GMC 1500

Thanks everyone! Sorry I've been slow to reply, I've actually been away from the forum for a bit. I also haven't had time to even drive the truck for the last two months or so. Just in the last week I've pulled it out again and started thinking about what I want to do next. It should be interior, but I keep thinking about putting a cam in it instead!

Coming back to the truck, I still get the feeling that I wanted to do something different with the front of the truck. At certain angles, the GMC grill looks so awkward and I couldn't really figure out what I don't like about it until now. The center vertical bar has a peak in the center which forces the horizontal bar to angle out at a different slope than the hood. This makes the whole center cross look strange to me, so I decided to try and flatten it out. I started pushing on the center and was able to straighten it enough to make the center horizontal bar at the same angle as the rest of the grill surround. It's a subtle difference but in person it does improve the flow of the grill when you walk around the front.

The other thing I didn't love was the clash between the white bumper and the chrome grill. I never went back to chrome because I love the white rear bumper. After several years, however, I finally decided to give the chrome another try. This time around I definitely like the change. It makes the front look more cohesive to me. Of course, this meant I had to strip the rear bumper as well. I don't hate the rear with the chrome bumper, so chrome it is! Now, I just need another can of paint stripper so I can finish the job.

-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is online now   Reply With Quote