The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2004, 06:33 PM   #1
bigblock73
yeller

Recv'd my Roddoors order on Sat...

Saturday when I came home from work I arrived to a giant box from Roddoors...I received my rear cab panel and speaker kick panels.

Just for fun I partially test fit them to see how they fit and what they looked like.

The first three pics are of the cab panel. It is a three piece system that you are supposed to glue together and have upholstered. The two end pieces will need to have the "extensions" trimmed (these are the pieces that slide into the channel on the rear piece) prior to gluing in order for the assembly to fit correctly inside the back of the cab lip. Other than that, it fit great and is very sturdy...sturdy enough for someone to mount 6X9's in the corner pieces. It also provides a blank canvas for you bucket seat truck owners to put some kind of design on the panel prior to upholstery.

The speaker kick panels also fit very well and are equally as sturdy. They are exactly the same shape as my stock panels, and after mocking them up with the upper panel, they will only need slight trimming to make them fit perfect. The first pic shows my stock panel on top of the speaker panel...just showing how exact in size they are.

I know there were a lot of questions from interested parties, so this is why I am posting this. I am very happy with my purchase and can't wait to get these pieces upholstered and dyed.

Thank you Chris for pulling this all together and making my purchase very easy!

*EDIT* Looks like the pics don't appear in the order you upload them (must be numerical or something), but you get the idea.
Attached Images

bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote