The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2004, 09:48 PM   #1
70 shorty
Where's my beer?

new member saying Hi

I'm a veteran over at Nasty Z28.com because I have an 81 Z28.I just got a 70 stepside shortbed this past wknd. It's a bare bones truck with a .60 over 250, an RV cam, header, Clifford intake and Holley 390 4BBL. It's a 3spd stick with a Hurst Shifter on the floor. All the mechanicals are pretty much brand new, the 6 cylinder only has a couple hundred miles on it. I got it from my uncle because he could never get it to run right. It had been sitting for 4 years. I got it started but it won't run worth a crap. It's popping and is very hard to start. I ran a fuel line to a gas can because the tank is rusty as far in as I can see, so I'm now looking to get a new one. The big downside on the truck is the body is junk. It's all there (well what's not rusted away). I can't find a panel on it that doesn't have rust. Based on some suggestions I did make sure the frame was solid. I almost forgot to mention the best part. It was free! My uncle had to get rid of it because he had too much junk in his yard and his homeowners insurance was about to skyrocket. Anyway, just wanted to say Hi, and you'll probably be hearing a lot from me as I try to get this thing running good.
70 shorty is offline   Reply With Quote