The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2002, 01:05 AM   #1
super72bb

Post PICS A GREAT INVESTMENT!

You know its funny, I have restored 2 1972 Chev trucks now and I have being a total fanatic for the last 14 years. I am currently working on my third. Whenever someone asks me about these trucks the question always seem to surface "what pickup is the most desirable out of these years?" Now maybe some guys may beg to differ.... "longhornmail" but for the most part a 1972 Cheyenne Super, Short Fleetside, Air conditioned Big Block 2 or 4 wheel drive is a pretty special truck.

Over the last five years the growing popularity of these trucks has increased ten fold. Now we all know that a #'s matching truck of that as described above, is so very rare. I think in the last 14 years I have only seen a couple that were apparently #'s trucks, but I didn't run the numbers to see for sure.

Having that said, this is the great thing about these trucks. I dont ever see them getting like say for instance, Corvette's or Mustang's. Matching #'s will never be as important.

So for the lack of a better word a "clone" will bring alot of money if the restoration is done right. After all what is it that you are buying in the end. Clone or no clone if you put two trucks exactly the same side by side 1) a #'s matching truck with all cheap aftermarket parts and 2) a "clone" with all genuine Gm. parts which one would be the better truck?
So we know that #'s matching is not so important, something that is often overlooked is photo's. Did you know there is very few "well documented restorations" to be found anywhere. Save all of your reciepts and take lots of pictures that show your extra care and money you put in because TALK IS CHEAP. I think that over the next five years that we may not see so much emphasis put on #'s but, alot put on documentation.

Just my opinion. super72bb

My build thread:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post7120181
super72bb is offline   Reply With Quote