The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2004, 04:04 PM   #1
Mr_Superman

I'm new with some questions please...

Just a little about me, I'm new to these trucks, I'm going to be picking mine up tomorrow, it needs a little work. Its a 67 Step Side, with no rust, runs ok, and is in great shape. Getting what I think is a pretty good deal at 1400. I'll be getting two engines with it, and the chrome strips for the bed. I will have pics when I pick it up tomorrow. I have a 95 Chevy Camaro and now this truck so guys help me out here....

1. This truck has an inline 6 in it I think, witha 4 speed on the column. I want to go to a more powerful bigger engine. What is a common size for these trucks? I was thinking a 454?

2. HAs anyone chopped the top? I'm thinking of doing this...But I dont know if I want to go that far...

3. Interior...I wanna update my interior as it will need seats... What kinds fit well?

4. Airbag suspension...anyone done this? WHat all needs to be changed?

5. Front end...anyone go to a rack and pinion? What is common to use?

6. Rearend...how strong are they? What is common to use if they are replaced?

Thanks guys and sorry about all the questions... I plan on making this a show truck with a lil weekend driving...
Mr_Superman is offline   Reply With Quote