The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2004, 03:39 AM   #1
WHelena01

New To Board--Buying 87 4x4; Thoughts?

I am new to this board. I found it while searching the net trying to find info on 87 Silverado 4x4's. I may be purchasing one this coming week. It has a short box, red in color, with all options, and comes with a matching canopy. The body is straight with no rust. The asking price is $5,500. I will be moving soon and currently have a 2000 Ford Expedition, but I have two Great Danes and decided it would be easier to move them in a truck with a canopy. I looked at all of the new trucks and left each lot confused and a little sticker shocked. Finally I decided to buy a 87 4x4 since I always thought they had a really good look about them. My wife think I am a little crazy to buy a old truck that I will have to drive across the United States (CA to TN) to my next duty station while pulling her car. What are ya'll thoughts? What modifications should I do to make a 87 more of a comfortable ride and possibly increase it's gas mileage? BTW, what is the best one could expect form a fuel injected 350? I figure if I put an additional $10K in it I am still less than half of what the new ones are going for. I have been reading all of the posts, a lot of great info, and some really cool pictures!!! Hopefully if I did it right, the picture of the truck I am thinking of buying will post.
Attached Images

WHelena01 is offline   Reply With Quote