The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2004, 12:51 PM   #1
GreyHoundSteve

Opinions Wanted on interior painting

Alright, my cab is in primer and will be shot this week so i had to go take inventory of all the peices that need to be painted and decide what to spray which color.

Here is what i have going on: The truck is going to be painted Silver. The interior is leather and is covered in a two tone gray with the light gray being your typical light gray leather color and the dark gar being a shade lighter than a charcoal gray. The carpet is a charcoal gray close to the dark gray leather.

My delima is this. I have a bunch of missalanous interior and cab peices and im not sure what color i should paint them. The peices in question are:
The door hinges and striker plates
The brake pedal arm
The parking brake and cover (hand operated 67 style)
The ac ducting
Defrost vents and side vent housings (vents are chrome)
Steering wheel adaptor
Wiper arms
Tranmission indicator housing
Anything else im missing?

Here is what im leaning towards but its hard for me because i only had the truck for 3 days before i tore it all apart and i dont have much frame of reference since everything was painted black before but im leaning towards this:

The door hinges and striker plates - Silver or black? I'd like to go silver since the only black i will have on the truck for certain is the vent window assembly but im not sure if the strikers take a beating and would look bad in silver? Input would be appreciated.

The brake pedal arm - Silver, black or dark gray? The pedals will be new rubber and have the chrome beauty rings on them but what color should i paint the brake pedal arm? Silver would match the cab but dark gray would match the carpet but black is the old fail safe. What do you guys think?

The parking brake and cover (hand operated 67 style) - Silver, black, dark gray or covered in leather? I'm really lost on this one. I personally dont like the look of this brake so i am planning on buying a cover for it but im not sure if i should paint it or cover it in leather to match the seats?

The ac ducting - Silver, black or dark gray? Im not sure how much of this is even seen but the less its noticed the better so should i paint it to match the cab (silver) or match the carpet (dark gray) or black (hopefully not notice it at all then)?

Defrost vents and side vent housings (vents are chrome) - Silver, dark gray or black? The top of the dash will have a custom leather cover with holes cut in it for the defrost vents but i still havent decided what color to cover it yet. I wanted to do the dark gray leather but then i thought it might fade or show alot of dirt. Any input is appreciated here.

Steering wheel adaptor - Black or Dark gray? Im pretty much sold on dark gray on this since the apc steering wheel will be wrapped in the dark gray leather but if i decide to add in a bunch of other black peices then i may leave this black also.

Wiper arms - Back or chrome? I bought the windshield rubber without the chrome trim because i didnt want alot of chrome on my truck but the wiper arms come in chrome so do you think i should paint them black?

Tranmission indicator housing - Silver, black or dark gray? The column is goign to be painted silver to match the cab, should the trans lense holder be silver to match?

Also, if anyone has any pictures to back up their opinions PLEASE post them.
GreyHoundSteve is offline   Reply With Quote