The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2004, 02:06 AM   #1
garold99

Starter Problem

ive recently had a problem with starts. for the past few days my truck was going threw a problem of starting sometimes and not starting other times. when i would turn the ignition you could hear the starter make a click noise like juice was getting to it (just one click when ignition was turned to on). sometimes I could jiggle the gear shift and the truck would start. now even that wont work. when I turn the ignition all i get is the click down by the starter so I know juice is getting down there. Its just the one click every time i hit the ignition. not a multiple clicking like the celenoid going out, but one louder click.

sounds more like the starter is just not engaging. maybe like its froze up. this starter has been on the truck about 2 years now. its the 3rd starter ive put on the truck in almost 10 years so i guess thats good.

anyhow does this sound like the starter just needs replaced or something else. im thinking the starter just needs replaced.

Thanks
garold99 is offline   Reply With Quote