The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2004, 06:29 PM   #7
GSFMECH
On the road

Didn't mean to steal the thread but I like the old tractors too. The IH is a 48 Model M, one of 2 my brother has, he also has a hand start B, a Super C and a couple of A's (one in pieces) and whats left of an H and another parts B, he usually has about 4 of them running at any given time. I have a 49 8N Ford that was my Grandfathers and a 48 Model B John Deere ( in the photo) and a 51 B parts tractor. My Dad has a 640 Ford and a 51 MT John Deere. The Tractor my brother is pulling against is my Brother in laws 41 hand start John Deere A, he also has a 8N Ford. They tried to get me in that pulling thing but you can get killed doing that and the Bud wasn't talking to me yet, the photo was taken a split second before my brother stood that M straight up. They were going at each other about who had the best tractor and of course the Bud Light took over and next thing I knew they had a chain hooked to them. My brother was confident that M would outpull that Deere cause it sounds like a small block chevy at 8 grand compared to that old 2 lunger that only runs at 975 RPM. When he snatched at that old A it was like running into a brick wall, he would just spin the tires and the A would just lug down and almost die. My brother inlaw would have to pull the clutch (hand clutch) to get the rpm up and my brother would try to pull him then he would bury the clutch again and the Deere would try and pull him. In the end they broke MY chain and it was pretty much a draw. Little brother had to change his drawers after it was over though.

Castro- 72 SWB. Ochre and White. 496/400 turbo, GV OD ,Dakota Digital dash , tilt, Vintage Air, PS, hydro boost, factory buckets, console, QA-1 Coil over suspension, 20/20"Billet Specialties Magnetos

72 SWB. Med blue. 454/400 turbo, tach, tilt, Stock AC, PS,PDB, factory buckets, console, ECE 4/6 drop w/ 2" blocks and C-notch, 20/20"Coys- Crashed and destroyed by drunk driver Sept 2019. New 72 build in the works.

My new build thread "Castro"
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=820934

My old build thread, the blue truck
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=271489

www.louisianaclassictruckclub.com
GSFMECH is offline   Reply With Quote