The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2004, 01:50 PM   #1
GreyHoundSteve

Fuel Injection

Yes its time to visit this topic again. I'd like everyones opinions on which fuel injection system makes the most sense for one of these old trucks? I supose the more economical move would be to do a l98, lt1 or even ls1 engine swap and thats still an option but i'd like everyones opinions on the following systems and include any opinions on systems i left out too.
LPE/Accel SuperRam
TPIS mini-ram
Holley Stealth ram
Edlebrock performance multi-port efi
GM Ram jet
I'm still a ways off from doing an engine swap but i want to keep me eye on ebay for one of these systems or engines and i'd like everyones opinions on which is the best system and why they feel this way? I am also considering just swapping in a later model engine and i like the old aluminum head l98's because they are simple and i am familiar with them but they dont put out much hp compared to an lt1 or ls1 but then they start getting harder to work on and more complicated (and expensive to repair). Another advantage of a late model swap would be that i could swap out tranny's to one with OD. I want to use my truck as a daily driver so it will see 20k a year and should be simple, economical and yet fun. What do you think is my best option here?
GreyHoundSteve is offline   Reply With Quote