The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2004, 12:36 AM   #1
BIGBLOCKNROLL
Account Suspended

Another first post

I love these trucks! My Dad bought a new C20 in 1969. I drove it all the time, he didn't like it 'cause it rode to rough. I got drafted into the Army in 1969 and spent sometime overseas as a combat engineer. When I returned to this country Dad had sold the C20 and bought a @#&% Dodge. I looked for a nice 69 for a number of years and then forgot about it. Ten years ago I bought a 72 C10, pulled the 6 cyl. and installed a 427 big block. Being a sprint car nut it was tunnel ram injected, on methanol, 13:1 compression & dynoed at 650 flywheel HP. Very hard on rear tires! In 1998 I was hit by broadside by a car at 70mph and couldn't drive while I healed. I was in a work truck, not the C10. It got parked and we pulled the big block and sold it. It now has a stock 350 in it and is my summertime daily driver.

I tend to ramble when I talk trucks so I'll quit. This is a great board! I've been lurking for a while and decided to join. Thanks for all the info! I've learned alot from your experiences. Merry Christmas!
BIGBLOCKNROLL is offline   Reply With Quote