The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2004, 03:11 PM   #1
bigblock73
yeller

Question for the 73-87 enthusiast/collector

As some of you may already know, I have been trying to get some information from GM pertaining to the 73-87 GM truck line for 73-87.com as well as myself (see this thread for more information). To make a long story short, one of the five things I asked for was some copies of 73-87 GM truck commercials that would have played on TV during the 73-87 model run.

Well, I got a call back last week and finally made voice contact today. The lady on the phone told me there was a $50/hr research fee to screen the tapes for the requested commercials, and once they find them, it is just over $1 to copy them to VHS (per tape). She told me that the fee had to be pre-paid and that I could pre-pay for any length of time I requested.

I really would like to get a few commercials, but I can't see (or afford) spending $50+ for them.

So I started thinking (scary, I know). If we could get a small group of people together here that are interested in doing this, it would be pretty inexpensive to do this.

Soo, would anyone here like to go in on this with me? So far both Chris (Captkaos) and I are interested, but if we got a couple/few others it would work out to be pretty inexpensive and more attainable. If this works out, once the tape makes it's way to my house I could make the copies and mail them out to all participating parties (possibly on DVD too). I am not asking for a specific dollar amount just yet..but the more people we get to do this the cheaper it will be or the longer research time we get.

Please reply here if you are interested.

Thanks!

BTW - If any 67-72 folks are reading this, and are interested, I can do the same for you (67-72 wise).

Last edited by bigblock73; 12-27-2004 at 10:47 PM.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote