The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2005, 04:01 AM   #1
supersize75k5
the wierd guy

big block/tunnel ram/duel carbs...stock hood

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On my 71 roadster project, I am running a high rise, duel carb intake on the top of the big block, well this looks all gravy but I cant shut the hood..

all the cowl hoods I have looked at, are not funtional cowl hoods, they are regular style with a full skin/frame on the botton and just a raised 2 inch cowl. First problem is cutting into the frame of the hood, second issue is that 2 inches of a cowl still wont be enough. 2 inches is the highest steel cowl I can find for any 67-68 or 69-72.

so I have thought about adding a scoop on the hood, or maybe just having the air cleaner come up through it, or even getting one of those bling bling chrome scoops the have the little doors on them.

any ideas?

I want to shoot the paint on this before to long, but I need to get the whole hood thing figured out first. I have 3 67-68 hoods and 2 69-72 hoods to choose from if I decide to make my own set up. But I think am looking to use the 69-72 hood because my grill and crate are near perfect.

any ideas or example would help out a bunch, I want this to look clean and not choped up or getto! I dont want to wind up slapping my self, I do like the idea of not having to spend 400 bucks for a cowl hood though!

supersize75k5 is offline   Reply With Quote