The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2005, 06:00 PM   #1
jasonrog

71 versus front end loader

Hi all. An idiot front end loader driver pulled right in front of me this week and I could not stop in time. I nailed him in the bucket at about 50 km per hour or 30 mph. I don't think that there is any frame damage, just cosmetic. From what I can tell I need a drivers fender, bumper, bumper brackets, inner and outer grills, and hood hinge. The hood can be repaired, as well as the inner fender . The rad cradle is bent but I have a replacement. My delema is that I am going to see the insurance company on Tuesday, and am sure that they will want to write the truck off. I don't want that to happen. (For obvious reasons) If they do, I will buy it back and fix it, But that is a lot of BS going through the inspections and such. How much is a fair price for my truck that the insurance company should pay me if they total it? How much should I be buying it back from them for? There is nothing really fancy about it. It has a 350, decent shape, some rust but not excessive. It has a pretty decent sound system. and overall well maintatined. I put in a 700r4 last year. I tried to upload some pictures, but they are too large. I will add them when I figure out how to shrink them.

PS if anyone has any parts I may need in or around Winnipeg, PM me please.

Thank you
Jason
jasonrog is offline   Reply With Quote