The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2005, 09:26 PM   #1
Vince Putt
Hippy

am I nuts?

I'm building a 67 SWB from the ground up. The floor is pretty much toast in the truck along with cab mounts. I have a long wheelbase frame in OK shape and a SWB frame that looks as if sandblasting might not save it. I'd also have to do a complete rebuild of the rear suspension including new trailing arms and coming up with a 5 X5 rear axle.

I also have an 85 SWB chassis complete pro street roller with ford 9" disk brakes custom made exhaust and an 85 cab totally rust free. The 85 frame won't be a bolt in to the 67 but if I used the 85 floor pan sectioned into the 67 cab I could be up good to go. I did some measuring of the two gutted cabs and all the measurements I took are very close so close it's scary.

The advantages are numerous the 85 frame is thicker, more rigid already setup with a and just need painting and detailing. I'd get dual saddle mounted fuel tanks. and a proven combination.

given the work involved in replacing and fitting all the oringinal floor on the 67 cab

Problems I see is that the wheelbases may be different 67SWB to 85 SWB.

That may mean that I have to remove the cab mounts and slide the cab forward or backward to center up the front wheelwell and or remount all the
rear suspension to center it the wheelwells.

So the question is am I nuts, should I seek medical help, Is there a doctor in the house? I'll lay on the couch study my drawings and await your answer
Vince Putt is offline   Reply With Quote