The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2005, 01:50 AM   #1
muddpile

A few interior questions

On my 72, like all of these old trucks in stock form, most of the interior is orange painted to match the body. It looks alright, but it's dated and transfers a fair bit of road noise. My roof has no headliner, and I've seen pics of the stock headliner and it just looks like a little pleated vinyl thing that gets stuck on the roof. I've seen many custom trucks where the headliner comes right down to the bottom of the windows and is covered in some sort of material. I think that look adds to the interior and would likely quiet road noise if the backside was deadened. Is there a company that makes something like this in a kit? If so, who? If not, how can I do it myself?

Also, I need a dashpad. I've seen two for sale at scotts super trucks. One was just a dashpad, and the other said it was an original vinyl and it cost more. What is the difference?

Yet another question: Is there a way for me to make my own carpet? What I mean is use some bulk automotive carpet and lay it in. Has anyone ever done this and had good results? I have a roll of black automotive grade crushed pile carpet from my sub box building days, and figured that if it was an easy enough task I'd do not only the sub box, but the floor, door panel bottoms, gas tank cover etc. with it. I kinda like the modern look of the pile vs. the hook and loop.

Last question, where can a guy buy new seat foam for the bottom of the seat of my 72 bench? The only place I've found it is LMC for 200 bucks, which seems like a fairly high price for foam padding.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me!
muddpile is offline   Reply With Quote