The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2005, 05:59 AM   #1
TIMSPEED

Back From The Track!!

Hmmph..didn't run QUITE to what I was expecting, but then again, I basically had to be like a top fuel dragster, and not hit the throttle till half track. I made four passes of the day...
First Pass:
Feathered it till half track, where I proceeded to hammer it and get the truck's back end loose, so I backed out of it.
Second Pass:
Tried manually shifting, but it never got traction, so I went down the entire quarter mile almost, in 1st gear, with the tach floating around 4500, just trying to feather the rear tire to get it to hook
Third Pass:
Left it in drive, feathered it a bit better, caught a 16.0 @ 86mph. This is basically STILL not even hitting the gas till half track. The 60' on this run was a 2.55
Fourth Pass:
Did the same as the previous pass, but got on the gas a little too soon, so the rear end got loose and I backed out of it.

I think I DEFINATELY need some stickies. Obviously, when I got the best traction on the third pass, I was able to at least GET a mph that wasn't ENTIRELY bad. I'm going to go again when I get some stickies, and shoot for a mid 14 @ 90mph+.
If someone wants to host the video of the third pass, I'll get it edited.