The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2005, 10:08 AM   #1
DualPurpose

New guy here

If you couldn’t tell by the title; I’m new here. Well a new member at least. I’ve been reading the forums for the last few days, ever since my 2001 GMC was totaled due to a drunk driver hitting me. Now that I’m in the market for a new truck I was thinking about what to get. I decided to buy a ‘81-’87 Chevy/GMC due to fond memories of a truck that used to be used on my family farm, a ‘76 Chevy ¾ ton. I learned to drive in that beast, had my first accident with it (stupid fence posts… ) and even did my first burnout with it. I just happen to like the '81+ body better so I decided to choose that over the earlier models.

Anyway, I plan on tearing the truck down to the bare frame and rebuilding it with a street rod/custom theme. I was building up an iron block Gen III 408 with turbo to put in my 2001 before the accident (I already did a 4L80E swap) so I might try to figure out a way to still use that in my next truck. I haven’t really decided yet. I do have some basic design sketches that I drew out yesterday so I have an idea of what I want to do with the body but I’m still up in the air about motivation for the truck as well as suspension ideas.

Most of the work will be done by me or by my friends. So I know that I won’t be able to finish the truck very fast, only as time and money allow. I don’t care; I’m doing this for fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainD5115
Remember, 98% of Fords are still on the road...the other 2% actually made it home!
DualPurpose is offline   Reply With Quote