The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2005, 05:44 AM   #1
67cst
i love summertime

URGENT! need quick help-broke chit on the truck tonight

hey guys, tonight sucked, i was with a buddy heading to another buddys bday dinner, we were sitting at red lights and it went green, i punched it pretty good but nothing too intense, got half way though the intersection, heard 2 loud bangs, looked back and my driveshaft was on the highway, jumped out and grabbed it and though oh big deal a universal went, so i threw it in 4x4 and me and the guy i was with took it to his shop, i put some new universals in and went underneath and noticed my pack of overload leafs were gone and my regular leafs were screwed, the axel was all cock eyed, i broke my bottom to leafs right in half where that pin lines up with the hole, i went back on the highway after i knew i was missing leafs and couldnt find them, man im pissed off though. what i want to know is are the 2wd leafs the same as 4wd. there are a couple 2wds at the wreckers with leafs, one even has the overload pack of leafs and ill go get them tomorrow if i know they will bolt up, right now the truck is still at my buddies shop waiting for a new leaf...enough yapping though, if someone knows if the leafs are the same let me know pls...here is a pic of whats left of the front and rear universals from the rear driveshaft
Attached Images

GLOVE BOX LIGHTS FORSALE, click link for info

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=273724
67cst is offline   Reply With Quote