The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2005, 11:32 AM   #1
BigDave
I poop on Ford!

Trucks with Dual Saddle Tanks

I am curious about this. I'm wondering if anyone has any information about this.

My 72 Cheyenne 402 BB has a seat tank and dual saddle tanks before each rear wheel. There is a tank selector on the floor between the driver's side rocker panel and the seat. It is very obvious it is not a factory option because the carpet is not stitched around the tank selector and there is no mention of this on the glovebox lid. The previous owner tells me it was a dealer installed option. He bought the truck in Midland, Texas.

The saddle tanks do not register on the fuel gauge. When the selector is set on one of them they pump into the seat tank via the return line as they are being used. They are fiberglass and the filler is under the wheel well. They hold about 21 gallons each. I've had around 64 gallons of gas on board at one time.

When I got the truck I had to re-run all the fuel lines because the saddle tank lines were trashed. All of the tank lines come into the selector and then one line goes to the fuel filter under the frame and forward to the fuel pump.

I can take pictures if you've never seen this before.

Any info would be helpful.

Last edited by BigDave; 02-01-2005 at 05:07 PM.
BigDave is offline   Reply With Quote