The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2005, 05:31 PM   #1
hotrodchev

FS: 1989 Chevy 1/2-ton 4x4 W/T in MN.

For sale: 1989 Chevy 1/2-ton 4x4 W/T located in east-central Minnesota. 350 engine, 700r4 automatic transmission, 3:73 gears, posi rear. Originally a Colorado truck, has some rust, but better than average for a Minnesota truck. This is a mechanics special and needs two things to be back on the road again, head gaskets and a new fuel pump. Bottom end of motor had been rebuilt when I acquired the truck several years ago and ran strong. A small head gasket leak developed a couple of years ago, so I vented the radiator cap to de-pressurize the cooling system and the leaked ceased. At this time I decided to retire the truck and just used it primarily around the yard and to plow the driveway in the wintertime. The fuel pump and sending unit were replaced with new 1-year ago, but a recent problem pointing back to the fuel pump developed again and fuel pressure drops off quickly after starting the truck causing it to kill. I've put plenty of new parts into this truck in recent years and just decided to go back to an older 4x4 to do my driveway. Asking $1400. (plow attachment not included). May consider trades for '68-'72 1/2-ton or 3/4-ton 4x4's. E-mail: tclift2078@aol.com if interested.

Tim
"Hotrodchev"
hotrodchev is offline   Reply With Quote