The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2005, 01:46 AM   #1
RonRdRcr
Are we there yet?

Unhappy Major problems, need advice!

Ok, so I get into the truck today and go to start it. Smoke started filling the cab and I took the key out immediately. I discovered that one of the wires for the radio had completely burned through itself and 2 other wires, one of which goes to the starter. So now the truck will not start and I have a lot of burnt wiring. I was going to just replace the burnt wires, but then the wife said she would let me buy a whole new wiring kit for it. So I'm looking around and found the following choices that look pretty good to me. The first is from E-Z wiring, #EZ-21 Here is there description:

Our EZ 21 pre-wired fuse block will wire your car from headlight's to taillight's. It features 18 fuses and 21 circuits. The circuits are Radio, Coil, Dome Lights, Headlights, Horn, Power Door Locks, Cig Lighter, Wiper Switch, Elect. Fuel Pump, Gauges, Hazard Lights, Power Windows, AC/Heat, Elect. Fan, Backup/Cruise, Radio, Turn Signal.

It also Includes Horn Relay and Connector, Turn and Hazard Signals, Dimmer Switch Connector, Circuit Breaker for Headlights, 2 Flashers, 1 Alternator Plug, 2 Ignition Switch
Connectors Plus more.
Price: $165

www.ezwiring.com

Only thing is I don't know the warranty on this one.

This other one I found is from Keep it clean wiring.

http://www.keepitcleanwiring.com/det...o?itemid=KICKB

Price $149.95

This one has a limited lifetime warranty
WIRING MADE SIMPLE! The Hoffman Group's “Keep It Clean™” heavy duty 32 terminal system w/ loom wire & steering wheel column pigtail kit offers an easy to install design and expandability for future growth. Keep It Clean™ wiring systems use only the highest quality wire and parts resulting in the “ultimate” wire system. To make installation and future wiring easier all wire is color coded and labeled. Kit comes complete with wire all parts need to wire up your vehicle. Keep It Cleans Ultra small design makes it ideal for all applications. Kit includes all componets needed including steering wheel pigtail, all wire looms, connectors, and terminals! Detail instruction insure quick and pain free installation. Backed by a limited lifetime warranty.

Give me some opinions guys, this will be my first rewire of a vehicle so if any of you have done this and have some helpful tips, please share.
Thanks

Ron
RonRdRcr is offline   Reply With Quote