The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2005, 02:27 AM   #1
jiggs
poker face

Bags and Handling

I have no interest in laying rocker or anything like that. There was a thread here a while ago that said that a properly bagged truck can handle the corners as well as a coil sprung truck. Now the question is at what ride height? My idea was to lower my truck 5/7 and give it all the goodies for handling. If I go to bags, what height(in static drop numbers) would give me the same stiffness as a coil system, assuming that I am using drop spindles with the bags.

My understanding is that the more air in a bag, the stiffer it gets. It will also raise the truck at the same time. An aired out truck would have boat-like floating and a completly raised truck would be like a lumberwagon. Where is the middleground as far as good handling? Basically would I be carving corners with what looked like a 5/7, 4/6 or 2/4 drop.... when airing the bags for aggressive driving?

A more simple question would be: How low does your bagged truck look when normally driving?